Take some time prior to the show to prepare for success!Determine your company's goals and objectives for the show - so you can plan to achieve each one. Some might be:
- Writing orders
- Gathering qualified leads
- Testing new products or services
- Building your corporate image
- Finding new subcontractors
- Evaluating the performance of new staff members
- Shopping your competition
Be sure your "props" and staff are ready to make the best possible impression.
- Does your booth or signage need updating?
- Carpet need cleaning?
- Is your company name displayed prominently?
- Can the public immediately determine what product or service you are selling?
- Do you have adequate sales literature?
- Have you established a staffing schedule?
- Do your sales persons know how to sell in a "booth" environment?
- Do your sales persons know how to gather leads?
- Do you have a "lead" form?
After the show ... follow up ... follow up ...
- How will you divide the leads gathered among your sales persons?
- How will your sales persons prioritize the leads?
- How will your sales staff contact the leads?Telephone? Mail? E-mail?
- How often will the sales staff report to you on their progress?